Flooding seemed to be a recurring theme in this week's council meetings. Click the links below for the full videos.
- Board authorizes nearly $70,000 in hydraulic studies to develop strategies to combat flooding.
- The town is currently developing an app to allow citizens to report flooding.
- Apparently the type of flooding the area saw during Hurricane Fran in 1996 has been upgraded from "once every 100 years" to "once every 50 years." Yikes!
WATCH THE MEETING HERE: http://carrboro.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=108&meta_id=35121
- A presentation of the Wake County Transit Plan to the town council did not receive much support from council members.
- Apparently Bela Fleck performed with the NC Symphony a few years ago. I'm sorry I missed that. I bet it was really cool.
- The topic of outfitting Raleigh police officers with body cameras will be discussed at the regular session on March 15th.
WATCH THE AFTERNOON SESSION: http://raleigh.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=24&clip_id=4977
- It seems the widening of Leesville Road has been a bit of a mess and additional taxpayer dollars will be needed to rectify shoddy work by contractors.
WATCH THE EVENING SESSION: http://raleigh.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=24&clip_id=4980&meta_id=117654